Welcome to my collaboration space for LIS 2600

Welcome to my collaboration space for LIS 2600

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Notes on Week 4

You Tube and Libraries

I believe the concept of using YouTube is a magnificent idea for improving advocacy issues of your library and/or archive. It provides various benefits through the use of RSS Feeds and the ability to link videos to blogs. Posting guides, providing better visual access and the use of instructional videos are just a few of the benefits this social media software brings.

Imaging Pittsburgh

I loved this article! It is a clear example of the importance of partnerships in these types of projects. Collaboration makes possible the achievement of all the tasks related to the project. Even though there were challenges in various aspects such as communication and workflow they still were able to overcome those and continue with the project.

 Data Compression and Data Compression Basics

Lossy compression I could understand with the example of digital cameras. With lossless compression I need assistance please!!

1 comment:

  1. Sherry,
    I also loved the Imaging Pittsburgh article, especially all the discussion about inter-institution collaboration. Like you said it is a great example of of the importance of partnerships.

    ReplyDelete